Quick Facts about Dr. Becker
- Specializes in Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty
- Clinical Professor of Facial Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty) at University of Pennsylvania
- Top-Rated by US News and World Report, Philadelphia Magazine, South Jersey Magazine, Castle-Connelly, and others
- Author of 4 surgical textbooks and over 100 scientific publications on rhinoplasty
- National and International Lecturer
- Course Director/co-Director of the PENN Rhinoplasty Course since 1998
- Course Director of the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery National Meeting, 2015
- One of only 3 doctors to receive the “Top Doctor” Designation for Rhinoplasty in Philadelphia Magazine in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only doctor to receive this designation for Revision Rhinoplasty in 2014.
Dr. Daniel G. Becker is the Founder and Medical Director of the Becker Rhinoplasty Center, as well as Clinical Professor in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania.
Rhinoplasty is one of his primary interests, and is a major focus of his national and worldwide educational and research efforts. Dr. Becker has published over 100 articles in the medical literature with a special emphasis on rhinoplasty. He is the author/editor-in-chief of 4 textbooks on Rhinoplasty.
Dr. Becker lectures nationally and has been a regularly invited lecturer at the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, lecturing in London, Portugal, Germany and Amsterdam (2019) and is on the Organizing Committee of the 12th International Meeting of Facial Plastic Surgical Societies to be held in 2020 in Taiwan. Dr. Becker was recently a faculty speaker at the Charles W. Gross Symposium on The Nose: Inside and Out held by The University of Virginia School of Medicine, where he was able to speak on current approaches and innovative progress in Otolaryngology.
Since 1998, he has been Director of the University of Pennsylvania Aesthetic and Functional Rhinoplasty Course, which has attracted surgeons from over 38 states and 11 countries. Dr. Becker has been rated a “Top Doc” in Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty since 2003, in Philadelphia Magazine 2019 (the only doctor with a designation in Revision Rhinoplasty in 2014), South Jersey Magazine, Castle-Connelly, Be-Well Philadelphia Magazine, and received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Marquis Who’s Who, among others.
Throughout his career, Dr. Becker has been actively involved with instrument companies in the design of improved and minimally traumatic rhinoplastic surgical instrumentation. He has designed numerous new instruments in conjunction with these instrument companies and uses the Becker/Toriumi Rhinoplasty instrument set in his surgeries. This instrument set was especially designed to incorporate the most recent advances in instrument technology and is sold by MicroFrance, a subsidiary of Medtronic-Xomed.
DR. BECKER’S APPROACH TO RHINOPLASTY
My personal philosophy of rhinoplasty focuses on one essential goal – a result that makes the patient happy. With this in mind, I take a conservative approach to rhinoplasty and seek a natural, un-operated look. I avoid over-aggressive resection maneuvers. I focus on maintaining structural support, and seek a natural “un-operated” appearance. I have provided before and after rhinoplasty photos in my websites that reflect my approach.
Ultimately, success in rhinoplasty is based on well-developed judgment, wisdom, and accumulated knowledge and experience. Like most surgeries, rhinoplasty is both a science and an art. Skill comes from experience and wisdom, combined with a measure of talent. Explore this website and learn the possibilities. Contact us with questions, or to make an appointment. I look forward to seeing you!
- Harvard College BA Magna Cum Laude
- University of Virginia Medical School, awarded a full merit scholarship
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- Residency in Surgery/Ear, Nose and Throat
- University of Illinois @ Chicago
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery/Rhinoplasty
Dr. Becker graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1986 and was awarded a full merit scholarship to attend the University of Virginia Medical School. He completed training in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Virginia Medical Center and then completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago, subsequently joining the faculty at the University of Pennsylvania in 1997.
BOARD CERTIFICATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- The American College of Surgeons
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
- The Philadelphia Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Dr. Becker served on the Resource Development Committee of the ABFPRS, in which capacity he prepared questions for the ABFPRS National Board Examination.
- Member of the Center for Human Appearance at the University of Pennsylvania
Areas of Expertise and Special Interest :
- Rhinoplasty/Nasal Sculpting
- Minimally Invasive Nasal Surgery
- Form and Function in rhinoplasty
- Co-Editor-in-Chief of Facial Plastic Surgery (2000-2005) (International Journal of Facial Plastic Surgery, official journal of the European Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Interspecialty Advisory Panel of Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
- Development of surgical instruments for minimally invasive facial plastic surgery.
- Revision nasal surgery using various nasal grafts.
Ask Dr. Becker a question or arrange an appointment for a nose surgery consultation by calling 856-589-NOSE (6673) or emailing us.